Most of us women take care to carry out a complete beauty routine to keep our skin, hair and nails in good condition. In fact, thousands of people invest large sums of money in products for the care and protection of these against the signs of aging.
And it is that, due to the aggressions suffered by the sun and the toxins of the environment, it is increasingly necessary to resort to complementary treatments to counteract the damage.
What some people are unaware of is that there are a wide variety of 100% natural ingredients that can be used for the same purpose. Although we are used to commercial products, many homemade alternatives have been shown to give excellent benefits.
Below we want to share the 5 best so that you do not hesitate to add them to your daily cosmetic habits.
1. Olive oil for Hair, Skin and Nails
Extra virgin olive oil is one of the best beauty products that we can find in the kitchen. Its high content of important fatty acids and vitamin E make it a natural moisturizer and tonic.
It has emollient qualities that leave the dermis soft, elastic, and blemish-free. Thus, its use both on the skin, hair and nails can be favorable.
- First, massage a small amount of olive oil into your skin until it is completely absorbed.
- Repeat its use every night to keep it young and hydrated.
- For a thick, shiny and strong mane, massage the scalp with a tablespoon of warm olive oil.
- Afterwards, leave it on for 45 minutes and rinse with your usual shampoo.
- For healthy cuticles and nails, dip your fingers in a bowl of olive oil and leave them for 10 minutes.
- Repeat the treatment three times a week.
Both the fruit, the seed and the avocado oil are good alternatives to beautify us without exposing ourselves to aggressive chemicals.
Its fatty acids hydrate dry skin and accelerate the recovery of scars, blemishes and irritations. It is useful for damaged skin, hair and nails with a tendency to breakage.
- Crush the soft tissue of a ripe avocado and use it as a mask on the face, neck and décolleté.
- Afterwards, leave it on for 30 minutes and rinse.
- Repeat its use two or three times a week.
- First, mix the pulp of a ripe avocado with a tablespoon of jojoba oil and apply it to damp hair.
- Make sure to cover your hair completely, put on a shower cap and let it work for an hour.
- Rinse with cold water and go over its application twice a week.
- Make a paste with a tablespoon of avocado pulp and a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Afterwards, rub it on the nails and cuticles and let it work for 30 minutes.
- Finally, rinse with lukewarm water and use it every night.
3. Green tea
The richness of antioxidants in green tea makes it one of the best allies to prevent aging of the skin, hair and nails.
Its active substances minimize the negative effects of the sun’s UV rays and slow down the action of free radicals. It is also useful against excessive hair loss and alterations in the superficial layers of the nails.
- First, mix the contents of two green tea bags with one tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Then, after obtaining a mask, spread it on the skin and let it act for 10 minutes.
- Repeat its use twice a week (preferably at night, to avoid the sun’s rays).
- Make two or three cups of green tea, strain it through a strainer, and use the liquid to rinse your hair.
- Afterwards, let it act for 30 minutes and rinse with your regular shampoo.
- Use it up to 3 times a week.
- Add 6 drops of wheat germ oil to a cup of green tea and soak your nails for 15 minutes.
- Use it up to 3 times a week.
4. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is one of the natural products par excellence to take care of the skin, hair and nails.
Contains average chain fatty acids that act as natural moisturizers and repairers.
In addition, it is rich in antioxidants and its nutrients help prevent premature signs of aging .
- Put a tablespoon of coconut oil on the palms of your hands, rub them together and spread the product all over the body.
- Repeat its use every night to relieve dehydration and eczema.
- Heat a pair of tablespoons of coconut oil and rub it all over your scalp.
- Rinse the next morning and repeat every three days.
- Use a small amount of this oil to massage your hands and nails every night before going to sleep.