CBD oil has become an increasingly common part of the medicinal life of many people. Its effects on inflammation, pain, stress, and anxiety make it very popular. It is also a great product for pets. As much the product is available in stores like at Cheef Botanicals, making it at home is also pretty easy.
In case you are wondering, “Why homemade?” The short answer is why not? You can easily make the product in simple steps and using a few products. Making your own CBD oil is also great since you are certain about all the ingredients in it and have control over the quality.
You also get to decide which oils to use; therefore, you can use those of the highest quality. Additionally, some people opt for homemade for the simple reason that it is cheaper than store bought.
You only pay for the necessary ingredients thus avoiding the other costs that come from the supply chain.
What to do
To make your home-made natural remedy you need two main items: the source of the CBD and an oil to act as a carrier. You can easily obtain cannabidiol from the leaves of the hemp plant and then mix it in any natural oil of your choice.
To get the characteristic “high” associated with marijuana, people often smoke it. This is a means of activating the THC in it. The same case applies when it comes to CBD, for it to have its effect in the oil, you need to obtain, then, activate it. The activation process is known as decarboxylation.
Decarboxylation of hemp is important as it allows you to obtain the benefits of the substance. It is a heat requiring process. Use the following steps to decarboxylate at home:
- Take your hemp plant and place it in an oven tray.
- Preheat your oven for a few minutes.
- Place the hemp and bake it for between one and two hours at 105 degrees. If you are using a highly potent strain of hemp, you may only need to bake it for half an hour at 140 degrees. For more accuracy and precision, it would be best if you purchase a decarboxylator for this step. Read more here https://nourishedkitchen.com/how-to-make-cbd-oil/.
After decarboxynation and obtaining CBD, the second step is infusing it with oil. For this step, extra virgin olive oil is suitable. Others include oils from coconut, avocado, hemp seed or MCT (medium triglyceride). Carrier oils are essential for the process as they make CBD easier to dosage, consume and even absorb.
Seeing as the fats are from rich plants, they add other additional health benefits to the body. You should take care to ensure you use those of the highest quality possible. In addition, it would be best if you check on your allergies as you make your choice.
The third step is flavoring. It is not compulsory, but it is great if the oil is to be taken directly. However, if you are to take it indirectly in food or treats, you may leave out flavoring.
Lastly, store your end product in a cool, dry place. Wooden cupboards work best. For olive oil CBD, it is best to store it in a dark place. If possible, use glass instead of plastic containers. Keep the lid tightly closed to prevent rancidity, ensure freshness and maintain a longer shelf life. Since the end product has no additional preservatives, use it within a few weeks of manufacture.
How to get the best results
The whole point of making your cannabidiol oil at home is to produce it at the best quality possible. Here are some of the things you might do to guarantee this:
- Invest in a decarboxylator. This item is specifically made for the process of decarboxylation. As such, the temperatures are exact, and you can expect to get better results than in an oven. This item is especially good if you intend to make the cannabidiol oil regularly.
- Use strains with high CBD amounts. The higher the amounts, the better the quality of product you produce.
- Use oils of good quality. Using high quality product yields a high-quality end product.
- Store in appropriately. It should preferably be in a cool, dark, dry, place.
- If you are a novice that is looking to recreate the best CBD oils, you might fail the first couple of times around. This should not demotivate you under any circumstances. You should always have some great brands like delta 8 oils by Hollyweedcbd in stock to help you in case your own creation does not deliver on the intended results as you had hopes for.
Quality control is critical in the procedure. Use all ingredients in the highest quality you can afford and strive to keep them this way through the process. It is also important to ensure the equipment and tools you use are in good working condition.
Set temperatures appropriately and use the right timelines. Doing this is essential as over exposure of the plant to exceedingly high temperatures or over a prolonged period may destroy it. You will not reap any of the numerous benefits if that happens.
Also take care to ensure you use the right type of cannabis plant. Some strains are richer in THC than CBD. Since you want to get health benefits without getting “high”, it is best to avoid THC rich cannabis strains. Click here to read more.
As much as the procedure for making cannabidiol oil at home is pretty straightforward. It is not a walk in the park. It may take a number of tries before you eventually make the right product. Also, putting together everything might be hard in the beginning. It would be best to have someone who is already an expert at it to help you out. Meanwhile, you can be using the store-bought version just until you can make it perfectly.